Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How I Got Started With BaseballSkillAids.com

People often ask how we got into the business of offering baseball training aids and unique baseball equipment. Here is the story…

It all started with a funny looking bat a few years ago…while coaching a youth baseball team I had seen this thin bat that allowed players to take full batting practice (with real baseballs) and weighed the same as the one they used in their games. This bat was only a little larger than 1” wide at the barrel so it really focused on developing hand-eye coordination and was able to hit the ball like it was coming from their normal bat, just exaggerating the effect of hitting above or below the ball – very cool. I got one for each of my sons. It sharpened their hitting skills and made taking BP even more fun for them, like it was supposed to do. My kids loved the bat and people started asking me where I got it from.

The next year I saw another coach using a radar device that fit on the back of a glove that could tell how fast a pitcher was throwing and I had the same experience - I could not find it in a store and had to look hard to find it on-line. People kept asking me where I got the cool bats from the summer before and then about the great glove radar device. I still did not get that there was a pattern emerging – great baseball training aids that were hard to find.

Then a couple of years ago I had seen this pitching machine that pitched wiffle golf balls and thought my sons might like it. It was rugged and could pitch 100 balls with a 6 second delay between pitches. I could not find it at any store so I looked on-line and again, I had to look hard to find it. I got the pitching machine and I loved it – it was the centerpiece of our neighborhood for a couple of months that summer. It was easy to tear down and set up so we also used it for the team that I coached to hit rounds of wiffle balls during practice. I enjoyed the machine, the kids loved it and people kept asking me where they could get one.

It was after a dozen people asked me where I got the pitching machine from that I decided to offer a selection of unique baseball training aids and baseball equipment through an on-line store. The response has been overwhelming and I thank you.
Coach Chuck
http://www.baseballskillaids.com/

No comments: